Hi, I’m Alex, originally from Bucharest, Romania but living in London since 2010 with my British husband, and I’ve been completely sewing mad since March 2009.
As we all know, sewing is more addictive than crack cocaine, so once I got hooked, there was no turning back. More about my sewing journey here.
Now my problem was that I was a closet seamstress, as no one in my family sews and I didn’t know anyone else who was into it.
Enter Sewrendipity.com, my way of joining in the conversation with the fantastic online sewing community! It’s also a good way to record and share my makes (check the back catalogue here). Plus it’s nice to make sewing friends who don’t think you’re odd for spending the better part of the one sunny day a month (good ol’ English weather) cooped up in front of a sewing machine. And who know what a bias tape is and which is the business end of a seam ripper.
As it’s always nice to connect with people on various levels, here are a few other non-sewing/blogging things about me:
- I would not be parted from my Kindle! I read pretty much all the time, sometime while standing in queues and waiting at traffic lights, mostly fantasy and Sci-Fi, but pretty much anything not about real life.
- I go to the cinema regularly, listen religiously to BBC’s flagship film programme (Mayo and Kermode on Radio 5 live). *Hello to Jason Isaacs!*
- I love a good pub quiz and get ridiculously competitive. I do feel really smug about my general knowledge, but am completely rubbish in the music rounds.
- I am really not sporty at all, but I do love dancing, especially salsa, though I can’t ever imagine making sequin dancing costumes
- My husband got me into F1 and over the years, and I’ve picked up a few things or two about ERS and blown diffusors and stuff. Haven’t found a way to tie it up to sewing yet, but maybe for the best. Can you imagine turning up with a sewing machine while camping at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix (which we do almost every year)?
Anyhoo, great to virtually meet you and thank you for visiting Sewrendipity!
This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.
My blog includes links to other sites/blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you to the information/opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites.
All self-generated content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. All third-party content and images are clearly credited as such, whenever possible, and remain copyright of their respective owners. If you wish to see pictures or content on this blog removed, please specify which ones and allow time to remove these before taking any further action.