Welcome to Sewrendipity!
I’m Alex, a 35-year-old Romanian now living in West London with my British husband.
How did I start the blog?
A bit more than just the sewing…
What to expect on the blog…
- I post mostly about the clothes I sew – have a peek at my wardrobe here.
- I also, from time to time, try to touch on sustainability topics, sharing things I’ve learned that I find interesting and think you might also.
- I am very passionate about teaching people how to sew, so I love to share my experiences related to spreading the love for this fantastic craft and meeting other sewers.
- A bit of organising is one of my pet topics, especially when it comes to the sewing rooms. So I have a few tips and tricks I picked up along the way.
I’d describe my style as…
… striving towards modern minimalist. I avoid florals – though a complete sucker for stripes and abstracts, and absolutely love block colours. I enjoy texture and love mixing different types of fabric: (p)leather and wools, chiffon and faux leather, lace and jersey, upholstery fabrics and whatever else. When in doubt, add faux leather sleeves on pretty much anything. I will sew with any kind of fabric, from Ikea blankets to saris, and get a special joy out of recovered materials (see saving the planet point above).
My style has evolved over the years I have been blogging, but one thing I can pretty much guarantee: there is not a shred of Liberty in sight, nor vintage or pin-up style (though I do love checking out a bit of Gertie from time to time).
A little bit more about me…
Anyhoo, great to virtually meet you and thank you for visiting Sewrendipity!
Before you go, how about…
- Linking up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram (or all four)
- Following Sewrendipity on Bloglovin’
- Contacting me by email Alex[at]sewrendipity.com
This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.
My blog includes links to other sites/blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you to the information/opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites.
All self-generated content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. All third-party content and images are clearly credited as such, whenever possible, and remain copyright of their respective owners. If you wish to see pictures or content on this blog removed, please specify which ones and allow time to remove these before taking any further action.